Friday, February 27, 2009

Surreal Practice Tutorials


We prepared for our surreal project by practicing different techniques we may want to use in our projects. In this tutorial we learned the value of layering textures using blending options to create an atmosphere with dream like qualities.(http://www.photoshop-garden.com/view_tut.php?id=76Credit: Stock: hbrush.com Texture: moonchilde-stock.deviantart.com, 99mockingbirds.chanlu.orgText brush: shyndel.deviantart.com)

The thing i liked while doing this tutorial was how we overlayed the two different pictures and popped and dropped the intensity of different colors. I also liked how we made the picture look like a cloud of somke was in the picture.



We then followed this tutorial found at http://www.voidix.com/eye_manipulation.html to give us ideas and practice combining images, reversing natural laws, transforming objects and using Photoshop to create a realistic surrealistic scene.


The thing I liked while doing this tutorial was how we put the scenery in the eye. I also liked how we popped and intensified the eye colors.

No comments: