Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Compositional Trick #5 Cropping


Cropping is a trick that photographers do all the time, even if they don't realize it. Every time a photographer chooses to cut something out of his/her frame, before they snap the photo, that is in essence cropping. We also have learned tools on Photoshop that allow us to crop an image after we have taken it. When cropping in Photoshop it is possible to improve our composition or change it completely.


The way I changed the composition for the original photo was I cropped the picture so that it was more focused on my subject and the background did not distract you from who the picture was about. The one that I really like better would have to be the cropped photo because it is more focused on my subject, then the original that just showed to much of the background and did not really let you focuse on who the picture was mainly about. One was that I used crop was that I took the crop tool and cropped only what I wanted to show in my picture. The other way that I used crop was that I had cropped the picture to show what I wanted then I pulled the edges out to show the background that I thought would help bring out the mood and feeling in the picture.

No comments: