Monday, May 11, 2009

Artist Statement

In my portfolio you will find many different photographs and Photoshop’s that I have worked on over the course of this year. You will also find critics that I have done on to pieces of art that we did as a class. I feel very proud of this portfolio. I worked really hard on all the work that I have done in it and I’m very happy of my all of my work and everything that I have done. I think the thing that I am most happy about with my portfolio is how as I got further in the year my work seemed to get better and better.
I don’t really have one specific thing that was my favorite thing that I did in this class I actually have a few that were my favorites, and those would have to be the leading lines picture using the leading lines compositional trick, simply because it was the first work of art that I felt really stood out to me and mad an impression on me. Another one of my favorites would have to be the creative me simply because we leaned that we could turn a photo black and white and change the colors of the photo to what we wanted. The last of my favorite works would have to be the senior portfolio show invitation that I worked on, simply because I worked really hard on it and I like how I was able to use the Photoshop tools to create my own paint brushes from pictures that I took, and I just like how the all over work came out looking.
What I think that I have learned over the course of the year would have to be how to tell the difference between a photograph and just a picture. I also learned how to use Photoshop to not only enhance photos but to also put my own little spin on them and how to use the different tools to make the work more interesting for people to look at. The things I feel that I was most successful with would have to be the leading line photo, and the senior portfolio show program that I did. The reasons that I think that I was most successful with these to specific things is because the leading lines photo I feel was the most eye opening photo that I took for the simple fact that it is not something that you would expect to see every day on our school campus, and the senior portfolio show is simply because it took alto of time to create and I used photo’s that most people wouldn’t notice on their own.
The one thing that I struggled with the most would have to have been the surrealism. The reason that I think this is because I knew what I wanted to do but it was not working the way that I expected it to, it was also a lot hard to do then I had originally thought it was going to be, and lastly because the final product of my work was not what I thought it would be. I would have to say that most of my influences would have to be things that were going on at home, at school, and also in my relationships with my family friends, and boyfriend. They would have to be the people that gave me my inspiration for all of my work that I have done. I have seen a lot of improvement in my Photoshop works, because when we first started working solely with the Photoshop I was not doing that well but as we kept going it got much better. Most I would just like to say that I am very proud of all the work that I have done. I also want to that although the work was hard in the end it was well worth it.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Valorie, your portfolio looks good. I like your ideas. It has been fun having you in class. You always have an opinion which is so refreshing. I always know I can count on you to have an idea brewing for whatever it is that I need you to have one for. I have enjoyed seeing what you come up with.