Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Artist Statement

In my portfolio you will find all of the worksheets I have done so far in this first semester of photography class. You will also be able to fine all of the photos I have taken and I like. With some of the photos there will be grading rubrics while others may not have them. Lastly what you will find in my portfolio is photos that where put on display.

I feel very good about my portfolio. I have kept it up very well, and I have done a good job trying to make everything look nice. I also feel like I have done the best possible with my portfolio. That’s how I feel about my photography portfolio.

What I have learned over the course of this semester is how to take awesome photographs and not just snapshots. I also learned how to use Photoshop which I did not know how to use let alone did I know what it was. I learned how to use certain compositional tricks to turn an ordinary photo in to a artistic photograph. Those are the things that I learned this semester.

I feel like I was most successful with the leading lines compositional trick. The reason I feel I was most successful with this compositional trick is because I feel like it was easy to come up with an emphasis and it was easy to get a line to lead to the emphasis. I also think I did well on this compositional trick because it was easy to have fun with and be creative. That’s what I think I was most successful with.

The thing I struggled with the most was thinking of a social issue and the statement. The reason is because when I would come up a social issue I could either not find a picture to work with the statement or I could not find a statement to work with the picture. When we did our social issue projects it took me a long time to figure out what picture I wanted and what statement sounded, and went good with the picture. That’s what I think I struggled with the most.

I think in the future I could look deeper in to the project that I am doing to get the most creative idea possible. I could take my first I idea and run farther and farther to get the most from it. If I do that I’m sure that I can get even better pictures then I first thought of. That’s how I think that I can improve in the future.

I have seen improvement in my creativity. I notice that in the being of the year my ideas were not that strong. But now I notice as the year has gone on I noticed that the more we do the stronger my ideas become. So that’s what I think I have seen improvement on.

I think that my art work has gotten better and better as the semester went on. In taking this class I have learned the difference between pictures and artistic pictures. I also have learned that your first picture might me good but if you keep working it could be great. That’s what I have learned over this semester.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

I love the hardwork and effort you put into each of your projects. I love your participation during class discussions and critiques. You have valid opinions and good observations. I look forward to everything you will show me, teach me and create next semester. Keep pushing yourself to the next level. Well done so far.